by Admin Prockc
11 months ago
Written by Ananya Majumdar
Executive MBA is a special programme developed keeping in mind experienced and senior professionals who want to work full time while enhancing their qualification. The syllabus is same as that of any normal MBA programme on general management (Some colleges even offer specializations). The key focus of such a programme is to enhance the leadership skill of the participants and help them advance in their career paths. This helps them widen their vision from the nature boundary of their work and develop as CEOs of the future. The admission process is also like any other MBA programme. The main qualifying exam is GMAT, however, it may vary from institution to institution. The best institutions offering Executive MBA programme are: Indian School of Business, IIMs, SPJIMR, FMS, XLRIs, etc. The course fee and eligibility criteria vary across different institutes. It is advisable to go for such a programme with minimum 6-7 years of experience. Pros:
1. The course helps develop individuals for upper managerial positions.
2. All concepts learnt can be applied instantly at workplace based on your power and position.
3. The class generally has a rich experience bucket who are instantly able to relate to the concepts learnt with the practice at their workplace.
4. The programme mainly aims at peer-to-peer learning with application based exercise rather than focus on theoretical concepts.
5. Enhances growth in organization as well as career prospects increase.
1. Work and study balance can take a toll on general schedule of things, as the classes might be in the evenings, or weekends or for 10 continuous days with classes stretching from 8:30am to 8:30pm.
2. Work pressures might force participants to miss classes at times.
3. Personal life and enjoyment has to be sacrificed to pursue the rigorous academic programme.
The ROI on such a programme is huge in terms of personal development and recognition at workplace. Hence, signing up for an executive MBA is definitely a good thing to do.